QuickBooks time tracking is an easy and efficient way to ensure that your employees are getting paid on time and accurately for their work hours. The tracker allows your employees to submit their time wherever they are. Connecting the tracker to QuickBooks is a great way to cut out the time it takes to transfer the information over. Connecting the two will automatically sync the timesheets with QuickBooks billing and payroll. This will make your life easier in the long run.
The Step by Step Guide to Syncing Time Tracker & QuickBooks
- Log on to your existing QuickBooks PC or QuickBooks Online account.
- Set-up the Intuit Sync Manager (for QuickBooks PC. If you have QuickBooks PC, you’ll need to set up your Intuit Sync Manager. QuickBooks Online customers have the Sync Manager automatically set-up and can skip to step 3. Time Tracker and QuickBooks need to talk to each other. This is made possible through the Intuit Sync Manager. If you have never used this feature in QuickBooks PC, you’ll need to set it up. If you don’t, you won’t be able to connect Time Tracker with QuickBooks PC. In QuickBooks 2013, click “File” and then “Launch Intuit Sync Manager.”
- Log on to your Intuit account. After you launch the Intuit Sync Manager you’ll be asked to enter your Intuit user name and password.
- Once QuickBooks and the sync manager are connected you can go into time tracker and finish the connection. First, go to the QuickBooks Connection screen inside of the Time Tracker app. Just click Admin. Then click on Billing. You’ll then see the Connect to QuickBooks button. Check the box to activate the $5 per month QuickBooks connection fee. Then click on the Connect to QuickBooks button.
- After you click “connect to QuickBooks” QuickBooks time tracker account appear in the list. Once it appears you will be all set to use time tracker with QuickBooks
What Are the Benefits?
The benefits to connecting Time Tracker and QuickBooks aside from the flexibility to track your time from any location is the added protection to your firewall. It’s safer to access such private and sensitive information on a QuickBooks server. For the employer it’s a one stop shop for payroll, employee information, customers, projects, jobs, service items, and classes. More details here: https://hubstaff.com/resources/benefits-of-time-tracking
Worried About Losing Your Data?
When the two software’s are synced together any information that was entered will be saved and merged when you sync them together. Don’t worry about things getting lost in translation. The whole purpose is to make life easier for you. If you’re having trouble syncing the two there is plenty of online help and a customer service number you can call to be walked through the process fairly quickly.
Now that we have given you the benefits of merging Time Tracker with QuickBooks and how easy it is to set up- what are you waiting for? Get out there and start saving time and making your workflow easier. You’ll thank us later.